Global Reading Network Steering Group Members Selected
We are pleased to announce a dynamic, visionary, and collaborative Steering Group that will help guide the USAID Global Reading Network (GRN). Selected from a competitive set of applications, and in line with the roles and criteria laid out in the Steering Group Terms of Reference, we welcome:
- Abdullah Ferdous, American Institutes for Research (AIR)
- Avi Richman, USAID Education Foreign Service Officer
- Carol DeShano da Silva, School-To-School International (STS)
- Corrie Blankenbeckler, Education Development Center (EDC)
- Laura Conrad, USAID Education Advisor
- Melissa Chiappetta, Sage Perspectives
- Natalie Brackett, USAID Global Reading Network Lead
- Paige Morency-Notario, Basic Education Coalition (BEC)
- Young-Suk Grace Kim, University of California Irvine
The GRN Steering Group will produce analysis, decisions, solutions, and opinions that assist in developing and achieving both the learning network objectives broadly, as well as the learning network activity work plans. These members will be joined by representatives from Regional Hubs and GRN Local Chapters that will be established as part of the USAID Leading Through Learning Global Platform.
We are sincerely grateful to those who expressed interest in joining the Steering Group, and we look forward to updating the network on the GRN Steering Group’s work and future opportunities to apply following initial annual terms.
Congratulations to the new Steering Group members, and thanks to all members for your continued engagement by signing up for the Leading Through Learning Global Platform, following the GRN’s LinkedIn Page, joining fellow members in the GRN Member Discussion Group, submitting resources and events to the GRN website, and more!